Travel Advisory Update
Updated 2nd October 2020
Dear Expeditioners & Valued Partners,
Firstly, on behalf of the Aurora Expeditions team we want to thank you for your patience and support of our company. As an independent operator for almost 30 years, we really value our customers.
As you are aware, with the current global situation regarding COVID-19, we are currently dealing with a rapidly evolving situation in unprecedented times. We understand and empathise with the impact this is having on our customers, our employees and the industry, and we are committed to dealing with issues as best we can, as and when situations gain clarity. Our priority is our passenger’s welfare and safety, and our partnerships, and we will seek to do whatever we can to minimise the impact on our past and future passengers.
We have taken the following actions and made changes to our upcoming programs due to the unforeseen circumstances surrounding COVID-19 (see below under ‘Operational Updates’). If you are travelling on one of these voyages you should have received an email from us outlining further details. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make further changes as and when required.
If you need support on rescheduling or cancelling your flights, or your customer’s flights booked through Aurora Expeditions, please reach out to our team who can assist you.
Thank you for your understanding on this. We hope that you and your loved ones are all staying safe and healthy during this uncertain period.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
Arctic 2020 Voyages: September to October 2020
- We have rescheduled our 2020 voyages in October to 2021, with the exception of Iceland, Greenland & East Canada (IAR001G) which as been cancelled.
Antarctica 2020/21 Season Voyages: November 2020 – March 2021
- We are currently speaking directly to passengers who were booked on these voyages.
- Patagonia & The Chilean Fjords (PCF001G) – we are monitoring the situation carefully regarding your voyage and will give you a formal update on the voyage status during week commencing 19th of October.
- Costa Rica & The Panama Canal (CRP001G) – we are monitoring the situation carefully regarding your voyage and will give you a formal update on the voyage status during week commencing 19th of October.
Arctic 2021 Voyages: We have made some slight date/itinerary changes to voyages in the Arctic 2021 program as a result of the postponement of our Arctic 2020 voyages, with exception to the two voyages below with changes outlined:
- Orkneys, Faroes, Jan Mayen & Svalbard (SFS001G) has been rescheduled to 2022.
- East Greenland Explorer (EGL001G) has been cancelled.
Global 2021 Voyages: The following changes have been made to voyages as outlined below:
- Guanacaste, Costa Rica (GCR001G) has been cancelled.
- Costa Rica & The Panama Canal (CRP002G) has been rescheduled to 2022.
- Ireland’s West Coast (IRE001G) and Wild Scotland (SCOT16G) have been rescheduled to 2022.
The contents of this statement are current as at the date of publication and supersedes all prior advice on its subject matter. Whilst Aurora Expeditions has applied its best endeavors to provide you with the necessary advice and guidance on the subject matter of the statement, you should consider your personal circumstances and seek your own advice accordingly.