Book with Confidence
Deposit Protection Program
Aurora Expeditions is pleased to launch our new Deposit Protection Program. When you book and place a new deposit with Aurora Expeditions your funds are automatically placed into a separate trust fund (escrow account), which means your deposit is secure and protects your funds at this time of uncertainty. The funds we receive from you for your future travel are safely held by the Aurora Passenger Trust and used only for payments related to your expedition if required**.
**Terms & Conditions: Only valid for new deposits from the 2nd of December 2020 until advised otherwise. Deposits will be released from the trust fund 120 days prior to departure and is subject to our terms and conditions at time of booking. Trust fund deposits can’t be used by Aurora Expeditions, except when required to make expedition pre-payments to third party suppliers in order to secure trip related arrangements. For valid bookings from the 1st July 2020 to 1st December 2020 – please refer to prior deposit protection program terms and conditions. Bookings made prior to the 1st of July 2020 are not valid for the deposit protection program.
Booking Peace of Mind
For your peace of mind, we will offer you a full refund or a future travel credit if any of the following circumstances apply to you in the period that is 30 days out from voyage departure*:
- Your home country does not allow or recommends against international travel/cruise travel in the period that is 30 days out from your voyage departure date.
- Local Authorities are restricted to Federal Government bodies, organizations or subsidiaries. E.g. Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO)
- Final ticket payment remains due at 90 days prior to departure and must be made in order to be eligible for the Book with Confidence flexibility.
- You are required to travel to a hotspot location for your voyage or en route at any stopover point that is part of your itinerary/flight path (hotspot locations as defined by the CDC).
- Only applicable if no other route is deemed safe to travel^ (e.g. If Hong Kong is a hot spot, but you are still able to travel safely via Dubai, then this clause no longer applies).
- You are required to quarantine at your voyage destination or en route at any stopover point that is part of your itinerary/flight path.
- Only applicable if no other route is available for you to travel^ via (e.g. If Hong Kong requires quarantining prior to continuing your journey, but Dubai does not, then this clause no longer applies)
- Costs relating to quarantine are the responsibility of the traveler.
- Does not apply to quarantine restrictions based on your home country.
- There is no travel insurance available for you to purchase that includes cover for Coronavirus1.
- Only applicable if no travel insurance coverage exists (i.e. If your preferred insurer does not cover COVID-19, but others do, this clause no longer applies).
*Terms & Conditions: The Booking Peace of Mind policies are applicable to new bookings from 27th October 2020 only on Aurora Expeditions operated voyages until advised otherwise. Future Travel credits will be valid for 3 years post original departure date. ^Proof of airline reservation required to be eligible. 1Evidence to be provided in writing from the travel insurance provider including a valid reason required to be eligible. This section only applies if there is no travel insurance policy available to purchase that you would normally be eligible for based on your country of residence/nationality. Please note, if your insurer provides a COVID-19 policy extra that you choose not to purchase you would not be eligible for inclusion in our Booking Peace of Mind Initiative.
Future Travel Credits
All future travel credit may be shared or given to a Friend or Family provided written consent is given to Aurora Expeditions. The future travel credit is to be used within 3 years post original departure date.
*Terms & Conditions: The Booking Peace of Mind policies are applicable to new bookings from 27th October 2020 only on Aurora Expeditions operated voyages until advised otherwise. Future Travel credits will be valid for 3 years post original departure date. ^Proof of airline reservation required to be eligible.1 Evidence to be provided in writing from the travel insurance provider including a valid reason required to be eligible.
At any stage you can move your deposit for a fee of $500 per person^ (in the currency the voyage was booked in) – valid on expeditions that depart within 24 months from the date of the original proposed departure date.
^Terms & Conditions Apply: Subject to availability. Final payment amount subject to pricing on new voyage selected, as prices can vary.