Taste of Dublin
Taste of Dublin
- Departure Date:
- Departs Daily
from AUD 1,785/pp
The city of Dublin is full of charm and character…and characters! From Vikings and Normans, to writers and rebels, discover Dublin’s fascinating history and culture. Experience the city’s magnificent Anglo-Norman churches, admire the elegant Georgian architecture, stop for lunch in a traditional Irish pub and visit the Jameson Whiskey Distillery.
Day 1 – Dublin
On arrival at Dublin airport, you will be met by a private transfer driver and taken to your city centre hotel. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, starting to explore the local area.
Day 2 – Dublin
Today you will enjoy a full day of guided touring in Dublin city centre and its surrounds.
The bricks and mortar of Dublin’s streets provide the stage to what is a truly great city. A city built on hundreds of years of history and culture. With its ancient past, Dublin is built upon a collage of the generations which have come before us. From Vikings to Georgians, you will find their ideas imprinted upon the city’s DNA.
On this city tour, you will pass icons of the city such as Trinity College, Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin Castle, and the famous Georgian Squares with time for photos along the way.
You will also enjoy an inside visit to either The Guinness Storehouse or Jameson Distillery Bow St:
- The Guinness Storehouse is located in the heart of the Guinness Brewery (please note admission to the brewery itself is not permitted). You will journey through the dramatic story that began over 250 years ago on a self-guided visit that ends in ‘Gravity’, the sky bar which has astonishing views of Dublin. The ‘Guinness adventure’ begins the moment you walk through the door and into the building’s giant, pint-shaped heart of glass. Find out how the drink that carries Arthur Guinness’s name has travelled around the world.
- Jameson Distillery will help you to discover the Uisce Beatha meaning ” the water of life.” Located in the heart of Dublin at the Jameson Distillery, Bow St, this facility is located on the site of the original Jameson Distillery, dating back to 1780. Enjoy a guided tour through Jameson Distillery learning all there is to know about the art of whiskey making and the story of John Jameson. Enjoy a tutored tasting where you will compare selected Irish whiskeys against Scotch and Bourbon – with plenty of fun and amusement for all. No visit to the Jameson Distillery would be complete without a glass of John Jameson’s Irish Whiskey. You will enjoy one in the Jameson Bar amongst a wealth of memorabilia.
Depart for lunch which will be served in a traditional Irish establishment in Dublin’s cultural quarter, the famous Temple Bar. Following lunch, you will continue your panoramic drive through Dublin City before returning to your hotel for an evening at leisure. (B,L)
Day 3 – Dublin
If you are joining our Ireland’s West Coast voyage today, you are free to explore the city before meeting your fellow expeditioners this evening. (B)
- 2 nights’ accommodation at The Davenport Hotel or The Alex Hotel, Dublin
- Meals as per itinerary
- Private airport to hotel transfer on Day 1
- Full day city tour
- Entrance fee to either Guinness Storehouse or Jameson Distillery
TOTAL PRICE per person (Twin Share) from AUD 1,785 / USD 1,220 / GBP 945 / EUR 1,035
Single traveller pricing available on request.