Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advisory Update
As at 4th April 2020
Dear Customers & Valued Partners,
Firstly, on behalf of the Aurora Expeditions team we want to thank you for your patience and support of our company. As a small, independent operator for almost 30 years, we really value our passengers.
As you are aware, with the current global situation regarding COVID-19, we are currently dealing with a rapidly evolving situation in unprecedented times. We understand and empathise with the impact this is having on our customers, our employees and the industry, and we are committed to dealing with issues as best we can, as and when situations gain clarity. Our priority is our passenger’s welfare and safety, and our partnerships, and we will seek to do whatever we can to minimise the impact on our past, present and future passengers.
To date we have implemented policies, procedures and practices in line with, or exceeding, the WHO guidelines. To allow greater flexibility, we are now at a point where the disruption created by COVID-19 requires that we change our course of action.
We have taken the following actions and made changes to our upcoming program due to the unforeseen circumstances surrounding COVID-19:
Voyage to Antarctica & South Georgia, ASG80G, Greg Mortimer – currently in Montevideo
- Please refer to our dedicated voyage page here with the latest updates
Global & Arctic Seasons: April to October
- We have rescheduled our Patagonia and Chilean Fjords and Costa Rica and the Panama Canal voyages scheduled for 2nd April 2020 and 25th April 2020 respectively, to 2021. Should you be booked on these voyages please refer to the email we sent you on the specifics of the change on 17th March AEDT.
- For bookings on Arctic voyages between May and October, please refer to the email sent to you (or your travel agent) based on the current information it is no longer possible to operate these voyages and we will be postponing voyages to future seasons.
If you need support on rescheduling or cancelling your flights or your customer’s flights booked through Aurora Expeditions, please reach out to our team who can assist you.
Antarctica 20/21 Season: November Onwards
- Unfortunately we are unable to advise on these voyages at this time as the situation is changing day by day and we are unable to provide certainty at this stage regarding voyages from November 2020 onwards. However, we are working around the clock to provide as much assistance as we can to both agents and passengers alike in the coming weeks and months. We will be sure to update any passengers travelling during the Antarctic season when we have more clarity.
We have also created an insurance helpline, which is available to assist you with any travel insurance related questions, please contact [email protected]
We will continue to monitor the situation and will make further changes as and when required.
Thank you for your understanding on this. We hope that you and your loved ones are all staying safe and healthy during this uncertain period.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
For further medical information regarding the coronavirus, please visit the following websites and resources:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- WHO Travel Advice
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- Joint Statement IMO-WHO
The contents of this statement are current as at the date of publication and supersedes all prior advice on its subject matter. Whilst Aurora Expeditions has applied its best endeavors to provide you with the necessary advice and guidance on the subject matter of the statement, you should consider your personal circumstances and seek your own advice accordingly. Aurora Expeditions expressly and unconditionally declines any statement of warranty in the contents of the publication and the reader must not infer any right of reliance in the subject matter of the publication whatsoever.
*Terms & conditions apply. Cancellations prior to final payment being made are subject to loss of deposit as per standard Terms and Conditions. Any final payments that have already been made are subject to the standard Terms and Conditions at the time of payment. Not applicable to group bookings.