Spirit of Antarctica
Embrace the spirit of polar exploration on this classic expedition to the coveted white continent. Sail across the famed Drake Passage, admiring spectacular seabirds and approaching the ice as the explorers of old did: by sea. With a chance to Zodiac-cruise through pack ice, set foot on the continent, choose from a range of adventure options and even perhaps camp under pastel polar skies, this is the quintessential Antarctic voyage for adventure lovers.
- Hone your ice and wildlife photography skills
- Search for orcas and minke whales in the icy bays
- Observe busy penguin colonies building their nests, and perhaps catch a glimpse of penguin chicks as they hatch
- Join the exclusive polar plunge club and dive into the beautiful antarctic waters
- Sea Kayaking
- Ski Touring (ANP071122G, ANP171122G only)
- Snorkelling (ANP191122S, ANP291122S, ANP091222S only)
Across the Antarctic Circle
Venturing below the Antarctic Circle is about more than just earning bragging rights. It is the chance to enter a different world more rarely seen, it feels more isolated and colder than further north, with great swathes of pack-ice and dreamlike icebergs. Thread through pack ice and narrow channels where scenes of ice-clad mountains, feeding whales and lively penguin colonies become lasting memories.
- A toast at the Antarctic Circle, 66°34’ south (approx)
- Enjoy a splendour of wildlife activity as birds, seals and whales race to fatten up for winter
- Visit fascinating historic sites
- Zodiac cruises with the hope of spotting leopard and crabeater seals
- ANC161222G (Sail Only): 16 Dec 2022 - 28 Dec 2022 (13 Days) - Christmas Voyage
- ANC010223G (Fly/Sail): 1 Feb 2023 - 12 Feb 2023 (12 Days)
- ANC070123S (Sail Only): 7 Jan 2023 - 19 Jan 2023 (13 Days)
Early Antarctic explorers returned from their voyages to the deep south with tales of a magnificent, ice-covered land teeming with life. Experience the awe-inspiring immensity of Antarctica and immerse yourself in the unimaginable beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula, where vast glaciers tumble into the sea, penguins are dwarfed by soaring peaks, and humpback and minke whales feast on abundant krill. Reduce your time on the high seas by flying at least one way across the Drake Passage.
- See and hear the bustling activity of a penguin city
- Chance to spot leopard seals on ice floes from our Zodiacs
- Zodiac-cruise in search of feeding and breaching whales
- Skip one or two legs of the Drake Passage to maximise your holiday time in the white continent
- AEP150123G (Sail/Fly): 15 Jan 2023 - 25 Jan 2023 (11 Days)
- AEP230123G (Fly/Fly): 23 Jan 2023 - 3 Feb 2023 (12 Days)
- AEP110223G (Sail/Fly): 11 Feb 2023 - 21 Feb 2023 (11 Days)
- AEP190223G (Fly/Fly): 19 Feb 2023 - 2 Mar 2023 (12 Days)
Famed for its tremendous tabular icebergs, year-round sea ice, fascinating fossils and the pivotal role it played in Shackleton’s Endurance expedition, the Weddell Sea offers unsurpassed opportunities for exploration. Embark on a true Antarctic expedition as we not only explore the west Antarctic Peninsula, but also attempt to venture east towards the icy perimeter of the Weddell Sea, often guarded by impenetrable pack ice and home to awe-inspiring tabular icebergs.
- Be awed by the array of wildlife who play and hunt in the Antarctic Sound
- Marvel at enormous tabular icebergs in the Weddell Sea
- Learn about the incredible fossil-rich volcanic islands from our onboard palaeontologist
- ANW040223S (Fly/Sail): 4 Feb 2023 - 15 Feb 2023 (12 Days)
- ANW280223G (Fly/Sail): 28 Feb 2023 - 11 Mar 2023 (12 Days)
Steeped in history, the Falklands~Malvinas is also a beacon for bird lovers. Discover an incredible diversity of charismatic penguin species including king, macaroni, rockhopper, Magellanic and gentoo. Watch as black-browed albatross wheel overhead, with approximately 65% of their global population returning to the precipitous, craggy bluffs of the Falklands~Malvinas to breed. In South Georgia, jagged peaks and glaciers create a breathtaking backdrop for beaches crowded with elephant and fur seals, and countless penguins.
- Photograph the exceptional bird life in the Falklands~Malvinas
- From the ship, from the Zodiacs or walking on shore, the sheer concentration of wildlife on South Georgia is unsurpassed
- Trace the history of Sir Ernest Shackleton's perilous journey across South Georgia, and, if conditions allow, follow in his footsteps from Fortuna Bay to Stromness
- Learn about the local history and culture
- FLK041122S: 4 Nov 2022 - 20 Nov 2022 (17 Days)
South Georgia & Antarctic Odyssey
This voyage encompasses the best of the Antarctic Peninsula and the enchanting wildlife haven of South Georgia. Discover the historic Falklands~Malvinas and stand in awe before the world’s largest king penguin colonies in South Georgia. In Antarctica, experience the serenity and grandeur of the most remote place on earth, where penguins nest, whales feed and captivating seals frolic in ice-speckled seas.
- Photograph curious seals as you Zodiac-cruise through glassy waters, marvelling at the iridescent blues of icebergs
- Marvel at enormous king penguin colonies in South Georgia
- Walk along beaches lined with elephant seals and Antarctic fur seals
- Sea Kayaking
- Snorkelling (ASG271222G, ASG100323G, ASG191222S only)
- Shackleton's Crossing on Foot (ASG100323G only)
- Shackleton's Crossing on Skis (ASG211022G only)
- Snowshoeing (ASG211022G, ASG191222S only)
- ASG211022G (embarks in Stanley, Falklands~Malvinas):
21 Oct 2022 - 8 Nov 2022 (19 Days)
- ASG271222G (embarks in Ushuaia, Argentina):
27 Dec 2022 - 16 Jan 2023 (21 Days) New Year Voyage
- ASG100323G (embarks in Ushuaia, Argentina):
10 Mar 2023 - 30 Mar 2023 (21 Days)
- ASG191222S (embarks in Ushuaia, Argentina):
19 Dec 2022 - 8 Jan 2023 (21 Days) Christmas & New Year Voyage
Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctic Peninsula
This epic voyage takes you on a journey beyond comparison, visiting enigmatic subantarctic islands and the Antarctic Peninsula. Similar to the South Georgia and Antarctic Odyssey, but with additional time in the Falklands~Malvinas to discover the fascinating history of the islands and encounter the spectacular birdlife found there. Feel awed in the presence of South Georgia’s king penguin colonies, some of the largest on earth. Immerse yourself in the serene grandeur of the Antarctic Peninsula as you embrace the true spirit of exploration and adventure.
- Photograph nesting black-browed albatross and spot elusive macaroni penguins in the Falklands~Malvinas
- Watch as penguin couples take turns incubating their precious eggs
- Witness elephant seals in their natural habitat, including freshly weaned pups
- Soak up the rich history with extra time in the Falklands~Malvinas
- FSP271122G: 27 Nov 2022 - 17 Dec 2022 (21 Days)
Experience unparalleled adventure and discovery on your ultimate Antarctic voyage. If you want to see it all, this is the trip for you. Be transported to enthralling subantarctic islands rich with human history and unique wildlife. Then venture into the deep south of the Antarctic Peninsula, crossing the coveted Antarctic Circle. Zodiac cruise in vast ice-covered landscapes, visit lively penguin colonies, watch for whales and discover the rich history of this fascinating region.
- Step ashore on the Antarctic continent to unforgettable vistas, bustling penguins, swooping skuas and curious seals
- Raise a glass as you join a small club of people to cross the Antarctic Circle (conditions permitting)
- Wonder at the world’s largest king penguin rookeries
- Hike along pebble beaches and climb tussock steps with unexpected wildlife encounters at every turn
- ACO130323S: 13 Mar 2023 - 4 Apr 2023 (23 Days)
*Terms & Conditions apply. Offer is only valid on new bookings and on select ship voyages only which must be booked and deposited by March 31st 2021. Promotion is subject to availability at the time of booking and capacity controlled. The promotion is only available in conjunction with the back to back voyage discount or the loyalty program offer, and not available with any other offer. The promotion can be withdrawn at any time and is not redeemable for cash. Normal booking terms and conditions apply. To confirm your booking, a completed booking form and non-refundable deposit of $2,500 pp in the booking currency is required within 7 days of reserved berth/s. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Please see full terms and conditions.